“Now with the launch of the Objet500 Dental Selection 3D Printer, we are adding inceased throughput and productivity to this winning formula by featuring Stratasys game-changing, triple-jetting technology on a larger platform. We believe this is a ‘must have’ 3D printing solution for larger dental and orthodontic labs that want to provide a superior customer experience while maintaining profitable volume production.” - Steffen Mueller, General Manager, Dental Solutions, Stratasys
Stratasys has introduced the Objet500 Dental Selection 3D Printer for larger dental and orthodontic labs that require volume production of highly precise, life-like models. The new 3D printer brings high throughput to Stratasys’ special multi-color, multi-material dental modeling.
The new Objet500 Dental Selection 3D Printer combines high throughput with multi-color, multi-material capability for high productivity.
The Objet500 Dental Selection 3D Printer’s large build area allows a dental laboratory to dramatically increase throughput, while its triple-jetting technology can create a variety of dental-specific palettes, allowing multiple applications to be combined in a single run.
Accurately Simulates Look and Feel of Teeth and Gums
The multi-color, multi-material 3D printing solution produces dental models with gum-like softness and color, a range of natural tooth shades, and nerve canals or other anatomy in contrasting materials. This is accomplished by simultaneously combining Stratasys flexible and rigid PolyJet dental materials, including:
- VeroDent (MED670), a natural peach-tone material offering high-quality detail, strength, and durability.
- VeroDentPlus (MED690), a dark beige material that creates ultra-fine features and finish, and offers excellent strength, accuracy, and durability.
- VeroGlaze (MED620), an opaque material with A2 shading, meaning dental labs can now offer dentist offices the best color match in the industry. Ideal for veneer try-ins and diagnostic wax-ups, VeroGlaze is medically approved for temporary in-mouth placement, up to 24 hours.
- Clear Bio-compatible (MED610), can produce orthodontic appliances, delivery and positioning trays, surgical guides for temporary in-mouth placement and investment casting patterns for removable partial dentures.
“Seven months ago, Stratasys transformed digital dentistry by enabling ultra-realistic dental models to be 3D printed in a single run. This new level of flexibility, precision, and efficiency -- together with life-like natural tooth shade color models - was aimed to allow labs to streamline their digital workflow while improving their competitive edge,” said Steffen Mueller, General Manager, Dental Solutions, Stratasys. “Now with the launch of the Objet500 Dental Selection 3D Printer, we are adding increased throughput and productivity to this winning formula by featuring Stratasys’ game-changing, triple-jetting technology on a larger platform. We believe this is a ‘must-have’ 3D printing solution for larger dental and orthodontic labs that want to provide a superior customer experience while maintaining profitable volume production.”
Application examples include:
- Implant testing on stone models with a gingival mask that mimics the look and feel of real gums for accurate evaluation of the emergence profile.
- Single models or groups of models that require different materials to be used simultaneously in one unattended job.
- Models requiring gum-like materials, even mixed with rigid features.
- Jaw models 3D printed directly from CBCT scan data with high-definition tooth, root and nerve canal anatomy rendered in contrasting materials.
Accelerated Throughput for Robust Digital Workflows
The Stratasys Dental Selection series of multi-color, multi-material dental 3D printers delivers unprecedented realism in dental models.
The Objet500 Dental Selection is an especially attractive solution for larger dental restorative and orthodontic labs that are interested in implementing digital dentistry end-to-end, from intra-oral scanners to realistic models, and which serve a wide range of dental applications in larger production volumes. Because multiple applications can be produced in a single print run, the Objet500 Dental Selection requires fewer interventions which frees lab staff for more important operations.
A generous build volume of 490 x 390 x 200 mm (19.3 x 15.4 x 7.9 in.) accommodates demanding workflows. It can produce horizontal build layers as fine as 16-microns (0.0006 in). Resolution is 600 dpi in the X-axis, 600 dpi in theY-axis and 1600 dpi in the Z-axis. The system has accuracy levels of 20-85 µm for features below 50mm and accuracy levels up to 200 µm for full model size. It offers two build modes: high quality (16-micron) resolution, or high-speed (28-micron) resolution. The cabinet dimensions are 1400 x 1260 x 1100 mm (55.1 x 49.6 x 43.3 in). Additional supported materials include VeroWhite, VeroMagenta, TangoPlus, TangoBlackPlus, a range of gum-like Digital Materials, and Digital Materials in a range of natural tooth shades.
The Objet500 Dental Selection system is compatible with all open format color intra-oral scanners.