A 3D Production System You Control
For stringent functional testing, you need the agility to adjust every build parameter. From size and orientation to layer thickness, the Fortus 360mc and 400mc 3D Production Systems put you firmly in control.
Each system produces accurate, durable, repeatable parts in familiar production-grade thermoplastics. Driven by FDM Technology and powerful Insight software, they let you strike your desired balance between FDM’s finest feature detail and the quickest build. You can specify tool paths, adjust material density, fine-tune part orientation and choose from four available layer resolutions.
Choose the size that best fits your application. The standard size lets you build parts as large as 355 x 254 x 254 mm (14 x 10 x 10 in.) with easy, front-loading bays for model and support material. The larger size features dual material bays for uninterrupted production and produces parts up to 406 x 355 x 406 mm (16 x 14 x 16 in.).
The Fortus 360mc builds in five real thermoplastics.
The Fortus 400mc builds in 12 real thermoplastics for applications that require high-performance, biocompatibility, static dissipation or resistance to heat, chemicals or UV radiation. It is upgradeable, so you pay only for the features you need.
Both systems work with these production-grade thermoplastics:
- ABS-M30 for great tensile, impact and flexural strength and environmental stability
- ASA for UV stability and the best aesthetics
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- PC-ABS for the highest impact strength, plus the mechanical properties and heat resistance of PC and the surface appeal of ABS
The Fortus 400mc also works with these engineering thermoplastics:
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ABSi for translucence
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility, strength and heat resistance
- PPSF for excellent heat and thermal resistance, good mechanical strength and resistance to petroleum and solvents
- ULTEM 9085 for high strength-to-weight ratio and favorable FST rating
More 3D Production Systems
If you need even more space, speed or performance from your 3D prototyping machine, these systems have you covered.
Fortus 360mc and 400mc Product Specs
Fortus 360mc and 400mc:
- FDM Nylon 12
Fortus 400mc only:
- ULTEM 9085
Build envelope options:
355 x 254 x 254 mm (14 x 10 x 10 in.)
406 x 355 x 406 mm (16 x 14 x 16 in.)
Material delivery options:
One bay each for material and support canisters
Two bays each for material and support canisters (with larger build envelope)
0.330 mm (0.013 in.)
0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
0.178 mm (0.007 in.)
0.127 mm (0.005 in.)
Soluble for most materials; break-away for PC-ISO, ULTEM and PPSF; soluble or break-away for PC
1281 x 896 x 1962 mm (50.5 x 35.5 x 77.3 in.)/with crate: 786 kg (1,511 lbs.), without crate: 593 kg (1,309 lbs.)
Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .127 mm (± .005 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater. (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 3 phase, 16A/phase (20 amp dedicated circuit required)
Special facility requirements: