It's Payback Time: Justifying additive manufacturing with jigs and fixtures
Increasing the number of manufacturing tools like jigs, fixtures and organizational aids, improves efficiency, capacity, unit cost and responsiveness. Using additive manufacturing (or 3D printing) to produce these tools makes them more accessible and quicker to implement. The result is more manufacturing aids where they previously didn’t exist. Savings can be so high that they can easily justify the purchase of an additive manufacturing system in far less time than expected.
- Todd Grimm
T. A. Grimm & Associates, Inc.
What you will learn:
- Why easy access to manufacturing tool production leads to profit gains
- Why improving production efficiencies with additive manufacturing is nearly risk-free
- How to easily and inexpensively increase the use of manufacturing tools
- How Digi International, rp+m and Oreck put tools to work in their operations
Who should attend:
- Manufacturing engineers
- Production Managers
- Test Engineers
- CFOs, Controllers & other financial managers