The Fortus 900mc 3D Production System builds durable, accurate, repeatable parts as large as 914 x 610 x 914 mm (36 x 24 x 36 in.) with two material bays for maximum unattended build time.
Three layer thickness options let you strike just the right balance between fine feature detail and FDM’s fastest build. For demanding functional prototypes, production parts, jigs, fixtures and factory tooling, the 900mc works with 12 real thermoplastics that meet a range of material performance requirements.
The Fortus 900mc builds parts in 12 production-grade engineering thermoplastics:
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ABSi for translucence
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ASA in 10 colors for great mechanical strength, UV stability and the best aesthetics
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- PC-ABS for the highest impact strength, plus the mechanical properties and heat resistance of PC and the surface appeal of ABS
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PPSF for highest heat and chemical resistance
- ULTEM 1010 for the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic.
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties
More Performance 3D Production Systems
Fortus 900mc Product Specs
914 x 610 x 914 mm (36 x 24 x 36 in.)
Two bays each for material and support canisters
For maximum material capacity and up to 400 hours of unattended run time, the optional Fortus Plus upgrade enables Xtend 500 Fortus Plus material use.
Fortus Plus Upgrade option:
A half-day customer support visit aligns material capabilities with Fortus Plus Systems, so you can access a growing list of FDM thermoplastics and share inventory across the complete range of Fortus 3D Production Systems.
- 0.330 mm (0.013 in.)
- 0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
- 0.178 mm (0.007 in.)
Soluble for most materials; break-away for PC-ISO, ULTEM and PPSF; soluble or break-away for PC
2772 x 1683 x 2027 mm (109.1 x 66.3 x 79.8 in.)/with crate: 3287 kg (7247 lbs.), without crate: 2869 kg (6325 lbs.)
Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .09 mm (± .0035 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater. (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
Windows 2003 through Windows 8
10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
230VAC nominal three-phase service with 5% regulation; 230VAC as measured phase-to-phase; 50Hz or 60Hz; 40 Amp circuit
Special facility requirements:
Insight software prepares your CAD program’s STL output to be manufactured on a Fortus system by automatically slicing and generating support structures and material extrusion paths. For maximum control, users can manually edit parameters that determine the look, strength and precision of parts as well as the speed and material use of the FDM process.
With Insight, you can:
- Optimize build orientation for maximum strength and smoothest surface finish
- Customize supports for fast, easy removal and best use of materials
- Program pauses into the build for any reason, such as to embed hardware or circuitry
- Manipulate tool paths for advanced control over part properties
Included with Insight is Control Center. This sophisticated software application communicates with user workstations and Fortus systems to manage jobs and monitor production status. Design, engineering and manufacturing teams can network and share 3D manufacturing capacity to maximize efficiency and throughput.