Familiar materials, firm control
Build with many of the same standard, engineering-grade and high-performance thermoplastics you use in traditional manufacturing processes.
Speed and efficiency
Produce complex, high-requirement parts faster than ever. Plus, get up to two weeks of unattended build time with high-capacity material options available on the 450mc.
Flexibility and control
Embed hardware or circuitry, fine-tune part performance, optimize build speed or achieve a smoother finish. Custom tool paths and other advanced features of Insight software give you ultimate control over your build parameters.
No special facility requirements
Install Fortus Systems virtually anywhere. No special venting is required because Fortus systems produce no noxious fumes, chemicals or waste with most materials.
Easy to operate and maintain
Quickly teach anyone how to load materials, replace build trays and use the simple touch-screen interface. Operation is intuitive and requires no special skills.
These materials work with both Fortus 3D Production Systems:
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ASA for UV stability and the best aesthetics
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
These materials work with Fortus 450mc:
- ULTEM 1010 for the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties
Fortus 380mc and 450mc:
- ASA in black and ivory, with full range of colors coming in 2015
- PC-ISO in white and translucent
- FDM Nylon 12
Fortus 450mc only:
- ULTEM 9085 resin
- ULTEM 1010 resin (coming in 2015)
Build envelope options:
Fortus 380mc: 355 x 305 x 305 mm (14 x 12 x 12 in.)
Fortus 450mc: 406 x 355 x 406 mm (16 x 14 x 16 in.)
Material delivery options:
Fortus 380mc: One bay each for material and support canisters
Fortus 450mc: Two bays each for material and support canisters
For maximum material capacity on the Fortus 450mc, Xtend 500 Fortus Plus material boxes are available for ABS-M30 (ivory and black), PC (polycarbonate) and their support materials. Each box contains 500 cubic inches (8194 cubic centimeters) of thermoplastic, so the 450mc can run nonstop for over two weeks without changing material.
0.330 mm (0.013 in.)
0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
0.178 mm (0.007 in.)
0.127 mm (0.005 in.)
Soluble for most materials; break-away for PC-ISO and ULTEM; soluble or break-away for PC
129.5 x 90.2 x 198.4 cm (51 x 35.5 x 78.1 in.)/with crate: 680 kg (1,500 lbs.), without crate: 601 kg (1,325 lbs.)
Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .127 mm (± .005 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater. (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 (Pro, Enterprise), Microsoft Windows 7 (Pro, Enterprise, Ultimate), Microsoft Windows Vista (Business, Enterprise, Ultimate), Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows Server 2003
10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
Fortus 380mc: 208VAC 3 phase, 50/60 Hz consumes 18 Amps
Fortus 450mc: 208VAC 3 phase, 50/60 Hz consumes 18 Amps
CE, TUV listed
Special facility requirements:
Insight software prepares your CAD program’s STL output to be manufactured on a Fortus system by automatically slicing and generating support structures and material extrusion paths. For maximum control, users can manually edit parameters that determine the look, strength and precision of parts as well as the speed and material use of the FDM process.
With Insight, you can:
- Optimize build orientation for maximum strength and smoothest surface finish
- Customize supports for fast, easy removal and best use of materials
- Program pauses into the build for any reason, such as to embed hardware or circuitry
- Manipulate tool paths for advanced control over part properties
Included with Insight is Control Center. This sophisticated software application communicates with user workstations and Fortus systems, to manage jobs and monitor production status. Design, engineering and manufacturing teams can network and share 3D manufacturing capacity to maximize efficiency and throughput.