A mandate to innovate
In health care more than in any other industry, innovation is more than just a buzz word. It is the key to advancing patient care, improving outcomes and adapting in a rapidly shifting marketplace. Getting to market fast with clinically meaningful and marketable products is the central challenge of medical device development.
The price of perfection
In general, the later in the design cycle a change is identified, the more costly it will be to implement. Late changes can result in time-consuming rework, expensive retooling or decisions to forgo improvements in the interest of time. Being slow to market or missing the mark is a competitive disadvantage at best, and at worst it can have adverse effects on physicians and patients.
Stratasys 3D printing solutions provide the flexibility to optimize designs quickly and cost-effectively so you can validate and verify your products sooner, and go to market faster.
Facilitate clear, detailed physician feedback. Detailed concept models convey the shape, texture and material properties of virtually any medical device. 3D print directly from a CAD file and revise as needed.
Eliminate failures faster. Reliably test form, fit and function with parts built from production-grade materials. You can even produce high-performance prototypes that withstand thermal, chemical and mechanical stress.
Gather reliable performance data and speed prototype evaluation. Without typical design-for-manufacturing constraints, you can optimize custom test fixtures for any task.
Expedite prototype tooling for preclinical testing. Create prototypes using the same processes and materials as your finished product. At a fraction of the cost of machining, you can 3D print smooth, accurate Digital ABS injection molds, tough polycarbonate forming patterns or detailed casting patterns.
Why Stratasys 3D Printing Solutions?
- Multiple materials and colors in a single print for realistic prototypes
- Layer resolution of 0.0006 inches (16 microns) for precise details and smooth surfaces
- Biocompatible materials
- Strong materials for prototype injection molds
- Strong thermoplastics like ABS and PC
- Sterilizable and biocompatible materials
- Layer resolution as fine as 0.001 inches (26 microns) for great accuracy
- Great for form, fit and function prototypes and low-volume production parts
Stratasys Direct Manufacturing
- On-demand access to a range of traditional and additive technologies
- Expertise in a range of manufacturing processes
- Great for one-off prototypes, overflow work or evaluating technologies