Congratulations to our winners in each category for the 2013 Extreme Redesign Contest!
See Press Announcement.
Middle school, high school and college-level students worldwide: Send us your best design in the form of an STL file, and tell us why your design improves on the existing engineering solution, or why it’s a great original or redesigned work of art or architecture. The winning entries will be creative, mechanically sound and realistically achievable.
Since the contest’s inception, Stratasys has awarded more than $100,000 in scholarships to innovative students, plus recognition on our website. Instructors of top students receive tablet computers for classroom use.
The 2014 Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge will open in September.
Who Can Enter?
The Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge welcomes submissions in the following categories. Students worldwide are welcome to participate. If your region is not listed here, contact us to find out which category is appropriate for you.
Middle And High School Engineering
This category is open to:
- Students at K-12 schools in the Americas and Asia-Pacific
- Students ages 16-18 enrolled in high school or college in Europe and the Middle East
This category is open to:
- Students enrolled at a university, college or post-secondary school in the Americas and Asia-Pacific
- European students at least 18 years old and enrolled at a university
- Students enrolled at a graduate or post-graduate level in the Middle East
Art and Architecture
This category is open to all students worldwide.
Every entrant will receive an official Extreme Redesign T-shirt. If a team earns one or more monetary prizes, the total dollar amount of the prizes will be divided evenly between team members.
We’ll 3D print the top 10 designs in each category on a Stratasys 3D Printer. These top finalists will receive their 3D models, plus a $50 USD (approximately €38) gift card.
In the final round, judges will choose winners in each category to receive the following prizes:
- First place: $2,500 USD (approximately €1900) plus a tablet computer for the instructor
- Second place: $1,000 USD (approximately €765)
- Third place: $1,000 USD (approximately €765)
Additionally, one bonus prize of $250 USD (approximately €190) will go to a design that meets a designated bonus challenge for that year. Past bonus themes have included designs that incorporate school spirit, and designs that strive to solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
For the first time in the 2013 Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge, Stratasys partnered with Edison Nation, a matchmaker for inventors and manufacturers, to evaluate college-level engineering finalists. These students have a chance at getting their ideas developed into a real commercial product and securing a licensing agreement with a manufacturer.