15 Times Smoother
According to independent testing* the Finishing Touch Smoothing Station makes parts 15 times smoother than unfinished FDM parts. So your 3D concept models, patterns and end-use parts gain near-injection-molded quality. You save time, labor and all the big costs of traditional manufacturing. Smoothed parts are perfect for immediate use or are ready for:
- Vacuum metallization
The Finishing Touch process seals parts for contact with liquids and moderate air and water pressure. Smoothing does not affect part accuracy.
* Data derived from an independent study conducted by QC Inspection. Parts analyzed were produced with a Fortus 3D Production System using .010 inch slice thickness. On average, surface roughness decreased from Ra 600 to Ra 40 to 60.
Smoothing parts is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Place your part in the smoothing chamber for 10-30 seconds. Remove part and evaluate finish.
- Repeat until desired finish is reached, typically 2 to 4 times.
- Hang the part in the curing chamber and allow it to dry to the touch, about 30-45 minutes.
Stratasys 3D Production Systems
Finishing Touch Smoothing Station Specs
330 x 406 x 508 mm (13 x 16 x 20 in.)
Order Smoothing Station Fluid directly from:
Local regulations for use of industrial solvents should be observed.
Crated 1511.3 x 1092 x 1485.89 mm (59.5 x 43 x 58.5 in.)/≈272.16 kg (≈600 lbs.); uncrated: 1333.5 x 812.8 x 1168.39 mm (52.5 x 32 x 46 in.)/182 kg (400 lbs.)
Intermittent to expose parts
- Good ventilation
- Maximum room temperature 29.4 C (85 F); humidity < 65% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude of 3280 meters (10761 feet)
200-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 20 amp (dedicated circuit), single phase
- 102 mm (4 in) exhaust to outside
- Compressed air, minimum of 5 CFM @ 80 psi